- Takes too long to download or you have no internet to perform OSX upgrades?
- If your hard drive is dead or corrupt, replace the hard drive then use this USB Drive to perform a clean new installation of OSX.
This is a Bootable USB Drive created with a full installation of OSX obtained from Apple’s Mac App Store of the version you choose in the drop down list.
You can either perform a clean new install or upgrade existing OSX on a compatible Intel based Apple Mac, iMac, Macbook, etc.
YOU MUST CHECK TO SEE WHAT VERSION OF OS X IS SUPPORT BY YOUR MAC BEFORE ORDERING
Go to about your Mac to determine what model you currently have. Then google “Mac OSX Version Compatibility Guide For Mac Models” and check what OSX version you can run or is supported.
Basic Install instructions.
- Plug in your bootable USB drive and Restart your Mac while holding the Option key. Make sure to keep it pressed down!
- When it restarts, you’ll have a few options. Choose your USB Installer.
- Next, select the Disk Utility
- In the window, at the top of the left bar, select your Mac’s Main Drive.
- Next to the First Aidbutton at the top, click the Erase
- Now, near the center of the window, select the Formatdrop-down list and select “Mac OS X Extended (Journaled)” as the type.
- Click Erase(!!WARNING!!this will erase your drives data) and allow time for the drive to format.
- When it’s finished, close out DiskUtility and select “Install OS X” from the menu.
- Select your main drive and install a brand new OS X on it.
Troubleshooting or Issues
- If your Mac is older than 2012, you may encounter a disk error during loading or installing such as:
“can’t be verified” and “error occurred while preparing the installation” or “error reading the disk error”
You will need to check your clock and set the date/time and time zone correctly to get by the error.